MSC Poesia Review

Review for the Western Mediterranean Cruise on MSC Poesia
The-Sea-Life-For-Me
First Time Cruiser • Age 60s

Sail Date: Jan 2024

MSC said the ship was refurbished in 2023 and they must be talking about the exterior of the ship. The public stairs lot dated with the teal and chocolate motif. The cabins are either navy or bordello red. The furniture in the cabin is worn, sun bleached and dated, think 90’s. Dining options are limited. There is the main dining room offering a selection of reoccurring average to say the best meals. The buffet offers a larger selection of the same quality but varies to a greater degree. The stand out is the pasta and pizzas. They are consistently good. But man cannot live on pizza and pasta alone. There is a sushi restaurant that no one frequents, seriously, it is empty every night. When you spend days at sea you know you’re not getting fresh seafood. Why they keep it open is beyond me. A steak house or Italian restaurant would serve the ship much better. Entertainment is also lacking. There is a house group who play classical music and offer some opera. They are terrific and unfortunately, greatly unappreciated. The other options are limited. An example at the same time we had two different comedic magicians. One was truly terrible and the other repeated each joke in five languages and with comedy, timing is everything. The dance company has improved greatly since they switched out the former troop who struggled to offer high school productions. Miniature golf, tennis, and shuffle board is offered unless you would like to try it during the hours of noon till 3pm when the equipment is locked away. The customer service is another area that is lacking. Granted the people who work there have a tough job with all passenger complaints. This is reflected in their attitude. 70% of passengers signed a petition sighting issues that were poorly addressed. I understand and do not fault MSC for canceling passing through the Red Sea at this time. This is another reason why 70% of people on board signed a petition expressing their displeasure with the quality of the new ports and the added number of days at sea. Some of the new ports were truly far less than desirable. Speaking of ports, the latest one, Nuuk Greenland, I put firmly on the shoulders of MSC. Today, I went to the captain's presentation of why we aren't going to Nuuk. He blamed it on the icebergs. This is not a new occurrence, it happens every year. We trusted MSC knew what they were doing, but no, they are acting like it's a big surprise. No other cruise ships have or are presently visiting Greenland at this time of the year because of icebergs. We are way out of season. Wish I had done research instead of trusting MSC, who just wanted to add an exciting port we won't be visiting. The captain took no questions and I was told the French contingent booed him off the stage. I and many others saved a lot of money for this cruise. I and many other prior World Cruise passengers feel MSC took our money without delivering. Many passengers including myself, have vowed not to travel on MSC again. Buyer Beware.

8 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find an MSC Poesia Cruise from $89

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.