Scarlet Lady Review

Review for the Caribbean Cruise on Scarlet Lady
Grammiegigi
First Time Cruiser • Age 60s

Sail Date: Apr 2024

Virgin is a wonderful cruise experience! The food is amazing and the entertainment is top notch! Cabins are spotless and the entire ship is clean and well maintained. The crew is friendly, welcoming, and helpful.

This was my second cruise on Scarlet Lady. I came back because I loved it so much.BUT…. I was so disappointed that the seamless embarkation process was gone this time around. Our first cruise, we just walked right into the terminal with no long lines and no waiting. Check in took only five minutes! This time, we stood in long lines in front of the terminal for two hours, and sat on cement benches. We are senior citizens with back and hip issues, so this was miserable. We were checked in upon arrival, but sent back outside to wait until our boarding time- to cue up in “Cattle chutes “. I’m not sure why the process was different, but seniors need more consideration. I can’t imagine what it would be like in heat and humidity of Florida summers!

Another issue was our cabin. We made our reservation by phone and the agent did not disclose that our room was below the ship’s bridge! It was an obstructed view, as the sea terrace railing had steel below it instead of plexiglass! We couldn’t see the water from our room and had to stand at the railing when on the terrace to see water! The green light under the bridge extension was visible through the curtains at night, disrupting sleep. There should be a reduced price for this cabin! The barstool type chairs on the balcony were obviously placed there to help us actually see the ocean, but not comfortable for seniors to sit in. And the swing chair does not allow one to see the ocean at all!

Port Reviews

Bimini

Bimini culture tour was a disappointment! Guide was great, but the ride was miserable and towns were impoverished and dilapidated. I draw the line when offered raw conch cut with a dirty knife and served to us by a fisherman’s bare hands. Conch stand was in the middle of a junk yard! Not enough seats on the tram. Had to sit with the tour guide. The only high point was the shipwreck and 2 lovely ocean views.

Bimini Beach Club was wonderful!!

1 Helpful Vote
previous reviewnext review

Find a Scarlet Lady Cruise from $806

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.