Crown Princess Review

Sail Date: Mar 2024
Sailing under the Golden Gate Bridge
Docked in San Francisco
The Sail Away Party

Embarkation: VERY GOOD. We were on the ship within 25 minutes of dropping off our bags. Note for when sailing out of San Francisco, the port is off The Embarcadero and there was heavy traffic getting to the pier. We made the mistake of dropping off our luggage on the street a block south of the pier because of the traffic. If we had waited 5-10 more minutes, we could have dropped it off dockside.

The Medallion: EXCELLENT. Kudos to Princess for developing this. I loved it and will miss having it on non-medallion ships. It worked well and synced nicely with my iPhone. It really streamlined disembarkation at ports, and I loved how it unlocked my door for me just as I was approaching my cabin.

The Food: HIT AND REALLY MISS.

Port Reviews

Cabo San Lucas

Fun and modern Mexican Port. Tendering was a bit tricky due to rough seas and lots of older people trying to get on and off the tender. Difficult town to maneuver if you don't take an excursion due to tendering into the marina and having to walk all around it to get into town.

Mazatlan

We took a taxi-golf cart around the town. Not a lot to see. The Cathedral downtown was beautiful. The traffic in and out of the Golden Zone was really bad and took about 45 minutes to get though. If you go there make sure you leave the zone to be back at the boat in time for departure.

Puerto Vallarta

Great port. Easy to navigate. $6 per person taxi to the Zona Romantica, the older part of the city with cobblestone roads and where the movie The Night of the Iguana was filmed Lots of nice beachfront hotels and restaurants. Well worth the taxi ride.

2 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Crown Princess Cruise from $128

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.