Odyssey of the Seas Review

First Time Cruiser • Age 60s

Value for Money
Family

Sail Date: Apr 2024

This was my first cruise ever. I'm usually a plan my own itinerary, airbnb type of traveller. My husband and I went with 2 other couples, both of which were experienced cruisers.

The ship was very clean and well maintained. We had a balcony stateroom which was well laid out, spotlessly clean and had plenty of storage. My only complaint about the stateroom was the water in the shower could have been hotter. The layout of the ship was ok, but other than the pool area, there was really no outdoor spaces. It would be nice to be able to dine outside and/or just have someplace quiet to enjoy the fresh air.

We dined at a mix of specialty restaurants, buffet and main dining room. The food was generally disappointing.

Port Reviews

Grand Cayman (Georgetown)

Take the local bus just out the port to 7 mile beach. It's very easy to flag down and costs $2.50

Falmouth

Totally artificial environment. Shame on Royal Carribean for encouraging much needed local business development.

Perfect Day at CocoCay

It was fine for what it was, a manufactured resort.

3 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find an Odyssey of the Seas Cruise from $404

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.