Carnival Valor Review

Review for the Western Caribbean Cruise on Carnival Valor
Dynk
2-5 Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Apr 2024

Dining - When I booked the cruise, I had selected "Anytime Dining" but was actually assigned an 8:15 pm reservation for each night of the cruise. I didn't realize my dining reservation had changed until I went to one of the dining rooms and was told I had to come back at 8:15 pm because that is what is printed on the Sail and Sign Card. AT first, I thought I had made an error in booking and blew it off until other passengers told me that had happened to them too. I really don't like to eat a full meal at that time of night but thought it would be ok. The quality of the food in the buffet lines was consistently bad. Even the desserts were bad. After eating in the dining room for the first two nights, we realized that most of what is served in the dining rooms is the same food on the buffet line. The Pizza place, the BBQ place and the Carnival Deli were just ok. Guy's Burger Joint looks and smells great but is actually just not good. There were long lines the first few days until everyone figured out the food is not what it should be especially since it is endorsed by a celebrity chef. The Blue Iguana was good and had relatively short lines. The Dr. Seuss Breakfast cost extra but was well worth it. The food is different than anywhere else on the ship and the quality is significantly better. I did not try any of the other food venues with additional costs. While there are many reasons why I will not sail with Carnival again, the biggest reason is the food.

Room - We stayed in a room with just porthole windows and seriously regretted it. I would have enjoyed the cruise a lot more had I paid for the balcony and that's on me.

The room is spacious enough and comfortable.

Port Reviews

Costa Maya

Aviarius is very nice and worth the money. You get to walk on multiple suspension bridges to bird habits filled with colorful beautiful birds. The bridges allow give you a great view of the port and the dolphin swim exeperience. The food at El Faro was very good. Too many pushy sales people near the shops.

Cozumel

Too many pushy sales people near the shops. The meal we had at Fat Tuesday was great!!

1 Helpful Vote
previous reviewnext review

Find a Carnival Valor Cruise from $339

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.