Seven Seas Splendor Review

Review for the Eastern Caribbean Cruise on Seven Seas Splendor
Gougeon
First Time Cruiser • Age 50s

Sail Date: Mar 2024

Overall it was a good cruise . We really liked some things like our cabin. Disliked other things like the lunch buffet at La Veranda . And thought some items were so-so. Like the excursions. I will say the staff and management were excellent. You book this class of ship because you want a smaller ship experience. ie no waiting in lines or fighting for pool chairs . Since the pandemic I have noticed cutbacks in all the cruise lines including Regent especially in the quality of meats, seafood, and fresh fruits and vegetables. If I was to sail on the Splendour again I would skip the buffet as it had a terrible selection of fresh items. Silversea, Azamara and Oceania have better buffets. The wait time in Compass Rose was also too long . Dinner took 2 1/2 hours to complete . I would recommend ordering as soon as you sat down. Sette Mari , the Italian restaurant , was too busy and the wait times were also very long. They also hated smaller groups dining and made our party of 2 wait 30 minutes to be seated. Regent should take reservations at this restaurant. Prime 7 and Pacific Rim were excellent. The pool grill was ok: the buffet selections here were very limited. Burgers and sandwiches at the grill were better. We only tried room service once in the morning and it was good. Lastly, we loved stopping in Aruba, Curaçao, and Bonaire. Beautiful beaches!

1 Helpful Vote
previous reviewnext review

Find a Seven Seas Splendor Cruise from $4,399

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.