Oosterdam Review

Tour arranged by Las Adventure was the highlight.

Review for South America Cruise on Oosterdam
DeDLS
First Time Cruiser • Age 60s

Sail Date: Mar 2024

Our cruise was good. This was the longest cruise we've taken, 31 days. Our stateroom was nice. The bed was comfortable, although we did have it joined and there was a line down the middle. It wasn’t annoying though. Maybe if they put a mattress pad on then that would conceal it. We might have been able to get one but I didn’t ask. The pillows were really comfortable. There was plenty of room in the bathroom for all our items and lots of closet space. We did have a problem with our toilet that stopped working six times. They did come to fix it quickly though.

The formal dining room was nice. The food was really tasty. The buffet was good but not great. We found there wasn’t much variety. People had trouble getting used to being served on a buffet line but since Covid, that’s the new system, at least on this ship. Often times I found that things I wanted weren’t available but then later learned, that had I asked, they would have gotten it for me. For instance, the cinnamon rolls were really good but cold. I asked for a warm one and the server said he would heat it for me. Yum! Also for the toast, they had white, brown and rye bread. Another woman asked for sourdough and the server quickly went over to cut her a slice. I didn’t know that was available. The only thing they didn’t have which was odd was cold milk. They had the big milk dispensers but they put cartons of milk in it, which they poured into pitchers and sat out. Of course that doesn’t stay really cold for long.

The specialty dining was limited to two restaurants. The Italian restaurant was the Canaletto. It seemed to be an afterthought because it was in a small corner of the buffet area and they closed off a buffet line to make the food. They did make it cozy which was nice. People seemed to be really enjoying their food. The other restaurant was the Pinnacle Grill. We ate there a few times and had really good food.

5 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find an Oosterdam Cruise from $569

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.