Viking Kara Review

A fabulous trip with a near miss!

Review for Europe River Cruise on Viking Kara
Helmut Decker
First Time Cruiser • Age 60s

Value for Money
Family

Sail Date: Mar 2024

We had a great time! Every detail was taken care of. What was especially helpful was the direct flight and the assistance with food prep due to my spouse having a food allergy. The maitre dee always brought the menus the night before so there were no surprises. I only wish that the second leg of the journey aboard the Hermod had been equally impressive. Unfortunately, it was not. Not once did we get menus in advance and, on one particular occasion, the hotel manager brought to our attention that there was something on that menu that we should avoid. One would have thought that the people in charge of food would have brought that to our attention. Such was not the case. If we had not been told about the offending item, my spouse would have been sent to the hospital. On the flip side for the second leg of the journey, we were able to get a room upgrade. I don't know about anyone else, but I felt it was worth every penny. Last but not least, every that ran smoothly about the outgoing air portion of the trip, did not turn out to be case for the trip home. Our luggage was lost, the Viking representative was very disorganized and the ground transportation was shotty at the very best.

previous reviewnext review

Find a Viking Kara Cruise from $2,199

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.