Azamara Journey Review

Kochi
Leaving Hong Kong
Ishigaki
Shochu in Kagoshima

The ship has an elegant interior which is kept spotlessly clean. All passengers were greeted with a glass of champagne on embarkation which foreshadowed the great service for the whole cruise. Cabins were immediately available so after unpacking we went to the aft buffet for a snack. We were warmly greeted and treated to nice glasses of wine while admiring the view of Hong Kong in somewhat chilly weather.

The ship’s company were invariably pleasant and eager. The food in the rarely overly busy buffet was excellent as it was in the main dining room. Bar staff and waiters were very attentive. I like my food burning hot and sometimes it wasn’t quite warm enough for me, really my only complaint about it. The complementary wine and beer was good quality. The rescheduled white night was a lot of fun with excellent sushi. Every passenger was encouraged to sanitize before dining (there were plenty dispensers around the ship which were kept suppled and cleaning of common areas was regular).

The local cultural entertainment brought on board two nights was fabulous. Tom Seals was also excellent on his two nights. The ship’s resident signing and dancing crew were enthusiastic but mediocre, they should adopt the less is more mantra and be less frantic. Other entertainers were very good.

5 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find an Azamara Journey Cruise from $882

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.