Scarlet Lady Review

Review for the Caribbean Cruise on Scarlet Lady
GoZippy
First Time Cruiser • Age 70s

Sail Date: Mar 2024

Wonderful, wonderful experience! My travel-adverse husband was so happy with everything that we came home and booked our second cruise with VV. Here's what we did:

Day 1 - embarkation was smooth and took us only 10-15 minutes. We had booked one of the Rock Star suites so had priority boarding which made wait times much better. Our room was a Cheeky Corner suite that our son recommended. It was very nice. Loved the stocked bar, so convenient! Our Rock Star agent, Tanya, was wonderful. She checked with us every day to see how we were doing and to hear about our adventures. Lovely woman! Went to The Deck House for cocktails and appetizers and then to Richard's Rooftop for free champagne and cocktails. Great time up there - we ended up going back every night of our voyage. So relaxing with the wind in our hair, talking about our day, and enjoying the vibe. We ate dinner at Pink Agave that night. The standout dishes for us were the duck which my son ordered and the pork that I ordered on the waiter's recommendation. Our DIL ordered the steak which she enjoyed and my hubby ordered fish but it was a little dry. Waiter brought us an assortment of other dishes that were interesting and tasty. Drinks were great - I was adventurous and tried one that had toasted crickets in it! Crunchy and tasty! Hubs and I were beat so passed on the PJ party.

Day 2 - breakfast at Razzle Dazzle was yummy, lots of healthy choices. DIL and I ordered the mushroom and goat cheese frittata, son went with some kind of salmon bowl, hubby slept in. Then we were off to a class call Rice, Rice, Baby where a Japanese chef taught us tricks to making sushi rolls and poke bowls - had we known, we would have skipped breakfast! Class was fun and tasty! Then off to get massages - nice treat.

Port Reviews

Miami

Many hotels were booked and those available had much higher prices than the norm due to Spring Break and Ultra Music Festival at Bayside Park. We ended up at the Fairfield Inn and Suites Miami Airport South. Clean and comfortable with good complementary breakfast. Ate at Pollo Campero one day - good chicken and sides. Last restaurant before flying home was La Rosa Fine Cuban Cuisine which was spectacular. Would have loved to have seen more downtown but weather and crowds limited that plan. Next time!

2 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Scarlet Lady Cruise from $806

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.