MSC Meraviglia Review

Review for the Bahamas Cruise on MSC Meraviglia
LongIslandSenior1366
First Time Cruiser • Age 70s

Sail Date: Mar 2024

I was on the same ship last August. It was not very good, Food and drinks ran out all the time, the food both quality and quantity was bad and I am not fussy with food. But I am extremely pleased and happy to tell you food in the buffet has improved so very much that I thought I was in a different ship and very seldom ran out of things any more. MSC finally got it. Same with the seafood restaurant. It was so bad last year that I didn't want to go this year but it was part of the dinner deal. But this time the food there was delicious. My crab cake and clam pasta were one of the best I have ever tasted. I was told the black cod was delicious and was cooked perfectly. However, the lunch at Panorama Restaurant needs to improve, both service and quality. When the menu said hamburger with smoked bacon and sauteed onion, and there was none or very little like nickel size, it was pathetic. Service was very slow. Our dinners in the L'Olive d'Doree were very good, both food and service thanks to Randolph table no. 859.

Room - Big enough for two of us re storage because we used many strong magnets on the wall to hang things. Beware that our room balcony is indented so the lighthouse view might be blocked a bit but we never know because we didn't stopped at the private issland. Our attendant Analynn is excellent. The room is extremely well cleaned but the sofa cover needs a new one. It has a faint stain and material feels yucky, not Analynn's fault, but since we never sat there without our pants, we didn't bother to complain. Also sometime there was a funky odor coming out from the shower drainage, but not strong and since shower door is closed, we didn't complain either.

All the shows were really good except the two magic shows which were bad. The international casts are New York Broadway quality and I enjoyed all their performances very much. The singers outside of the theatres were really bad, most of the time their own music covered their so-called singing. Was that difficult to get someone who can sing and play piano? If they are good, they will have lots of followers every night in the bars. Keith Bender is fantastic and really funny, and even during the adult show, he didn't even use the f word, not once. I am really impressed and I definitely will follow his career. Cannot review the private island because we didn't dock there due to rough sea? We were very disappointed because that is the main reason I came to MSC again this year. But this is not MSC's fault, just our bad luck.

Port Reviews

Nassau

I walked outside of the dock and found more shops and restaurants with reasonable prices on everything. Very nice to walk along the sea.

3 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find an MSC Meraviglia Cruise from $286

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.