Norwegian Getaway Review

Review for Bermuda Cruise on Norwegian Getaway
Mr_ Grinch729
First Time Cruiser • Age 30s

Sail Date: Mar 2024

This was my first experience with a cruise and it definitely made me feel that I should never do it again. Everything On this ship is a pay wall and definitely not worth it for the quality of what you get…even In The crappiest hotels , I could watch tv and use Wi-Fi without having to buy a damn package as if the cost of the cruise wasn’t expensive enough. The food was horrible , the activities throughout the day are geared towards old people and opportunists looking to get some free item or discount on some crappy merchandise. I was supposed to be In Bermuda for three days , the itinerary was changed and we only docked for 6hrs . This cruise was to be 7 days , Sunday to the following Sunday and even though we could’ve been back in New York at least two days ago, this captain chose to drag on and coast this sorry floating day care slower than needed. People with self entitled kids who didnt watch there children , as they dart around the dining area and the hallways banging on stateroom doors was absolutely appalling and made this way worse.. now let’s get to the garbage they feed you in the garden cafe , meals they created by re using ingredients from that day’s breakfast or Lunch.. only to re sauce them with something, and call them by another name. The scrambled eggs were always watery , the desserts were always dry and in the form of some kind of wiggly texture. Then they don’t tell you that you are being charged $20 per day per person in your stateroom for steward gratuity, only when u inquire about your bill climbing steadily do they inform u that u can sign a waiver and tip for your services. Which means if you decide not to get your bed made that day , your being charged anyway.. what a rip off !!.

If I ever decide to endure this type of travel again it will not be with NCL, it was a horrible experience from start to finish. Then the kicker was the. Offering 20% off on my next cruise since they cancelled our stay in Bermuda , as if that was somehow equal compensation for being stuck on that boring ship 5 of the 7 days of my vacation.

Never Again !

6 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Norwegian Getaway Cruise from $316

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.