Viking Star Review

2,058 reviews

Stellar 14-Night Atlantic Crossing!

Review for Transatlantic Cruise on Viking Star
Lucy HD
First Time Cruiser • Age 70s

Sail Date: Mar 2024

I'm a seasoned cruise afficionado, and I can't sing high enough praises about Viking, the staff, the crew, the food, the entertainment, the lectures, the amenities, the activities, and the overall experience. I have never been more impressed with the design of a ship, the ambiance, the level of service, and the variety in cuisine that we experienced on the Star. Our cabin was more spacious and comfortable than any other we've encountered at the same level on other ships, and everything from cabins to elevators was maintained immaculately The public areas were designed with more private space, too, and we especially appreciated the well-appointed areas to relax, whether to enjoy a cocktail, a cappuccino, or simply read. The entertainment was Broadway caliber and Damian, the Cruise Director, was a professional in every sense of the word. The pool area was, indeed, luxurious, and afternoon tea with a string duo was perfectly delightful. My only disappointment: the quality of the port excursions (except in Funchal). Guides were not always well-spoken in English and were not particularly enthusiastic about their jobs. Since this was a transatlantic cruise, and ports were not the main focus, it was forgivable with 10 days at sea. And every one of those days was filled with activity, opportunities to meet new and interesting people, and a staff and crew that consistently went over and above to please.

5 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Viking Star Cruise from $2,799

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.