Costa Smeralda Review

-- / 5.0
Editor Rating

Be aware, their staff steals!

Review for the Western Mediterranean Cruise on Costa Smeralda
violetli02
First Time Cruiser • Age 50s

Sail Date: Mar 2024

I want to give a fair review although this is the worst of my cruises after their staff refused to return items we lost in the cabin.

We ended up on this cruise for the last minute due to change of other travel plans. Before booking I read all the negative reviews of this cruise company and viewed many youtube videos with ship tours, and most of them quite neutral. I thought I knew what to expect: not many English speakers, mediocre food, crowded buffet, etc. However I didn't realize it could be worse than that.

First, the good. I like all their entertainments, including voice of the sea, dances and triology of Smeralda (which is like a musical with mostly dance). They are great and overcome the challenge of language barriers. Although I had to find a good seat an hour before each performance, I enjoyed all of them. Entertainment team does a good job and many of them are multilingual and talented. I also think the ship itself is nice with good facilities such as water park, outdoor track and many well decorated bars.

6 Helpful Votes
next review

Find a Costa Smeralda Cruise from $386

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.