• Newsletter

kay
First Time Cruiser • Age 20s

Sail Date: Sep 2004
Cabin:

Embarkation was handled beautifully; same with debarkation. Plenty of staff to direct you and answer any questions. Our Window cabin was on the small side and the bed was rock hard (my suggestion: ask for a "egg crate" as soon as u board). Bathroom was large with large shower and the lav was behind a sliding door. Closet was adequate but I was surprised to see a lot of metal 'dry cleaner' hangars.

Our cabin steward wasn't very visible. When we traveled Diamond Princess, our steward was always there ready to assist if ndd. On the Spirit, we asked if the two twin beds could be separated during day so we could see out the window and pulled together at night but steward said she couldn't do it since she had a bad back. Since I did too, I could emphasize but thought the answer was a little strange!

Windows and The Garden Room Dining areas were very pretty, well appointed and the wait staff was WONDERFUL. Very courteous, accommodating and well-groomed. Food portions were on the small side but you never walked away hungry. The selections were varied and I particularly enjoyed the creamed fruit soups. The Buffet was so-so ... an odd assortment of food other than breakfast ... many other paxs felt the same way. I talked to the Food & Beverage person about this, he was very polite and promised to pass on my remarks to mgmnt.

previous reviewnext review