Wind Surf Review

Value for Money
Family

Sail Date: Mar 2024
Traveled with children

First time taking a Windstar Cruise. Expectations were a little higher than experience, such as the souvenir shop had limited clothing sizes and selection and I found the bed to be very uncomfortable without any topper to soften the hard mattress. The food was great and the crew the best I've seen, especially my cabin attendant, Nilu, who kept my room clean and my bed made or turned down, as I needed. Also disappointed with the on-board activities which seemed limited to games, books and eating. Not much available for non drinkers like me. Jigsaw puzzles were on most tables in the yacht club but there wasn't any music playing, not just the bands, during the day which would have made the voyage more enjoyable for me. Ports were limited if you didn't want to do excursions and a few were cancelled due to weather. I do cruise solo, so that contributes to the boredom, though I did meet two wonderful couples from Canada and an especially nice dinner companion, also from Canada, who shared my table in Candles. Overall, it was nice but was not the exceptional cruise I expected based on all the reviews.

6 Helpful Votes
next review

Find a Wind Surf Cruise from $1,999

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.