Harmony of the Seas Review

First Time Cruiser • Age 40s

Value for Money
Family

Sail Date: Mar 2024

I just finished a week on Harmony of the Seas from March 24-31 and wanted to give my thoughts on a few things. I used plenty of reviews in my planning process, so wanted to return the favor.

For reference, this was probably my 5th or 6th cruise. First one on Royal Caribbean and first once since Covid. This was a Spring Break cruise, and even though we are toward the end of Spring Break season, I did overhear at some point the ship was at max capacity. There were definitely times when I did feel like it was too many people, but I would say that the majority of the time the number of people were not an issue.

My group consisted of 6 people and I am happy to report all 6 of us were very happy with the ship and the cruise in general. Was it perfect? No. But we tried not to let the little annoyances bother us too much.

Port Reviews

Costa Maya

We enjoyed the Costa Maya port and didn't do any excursion. My group of six bought a couple of beers at the main pool and the two kids swam in the pool while the four adults stayed in the included chairs. I was prepared to buy at least another drink, but I think our seats were in between the server areas, because nobody ever asked me again in the two hours we were there. After swimming, we walked around the shops a bit before returning to the ship early.

Cozumel

We booked Paradise Beach on our own and this was my favorite day. Getting a taxi for six was super easy since right when you leave the port. Paradise Beach was fantastic and I highly recommend. I booked that one because I thought the pool area looked nice, but my two kids (15 & 13) never really left the ocean. The servers were very attentive. The drinks may not have been the strongest, but we had the all-inclusive option so I had my share. Food was good, service was good, drinks were good, and everybody had fun. Great day!

Roatan

My group of 6 booked an excursion with Christopher Tours that was monkeys, sloths, and snorkeling. Finding the tour was easy getting off the ship, but it was a bit of a walk to eventually get to the taxi. My group was fine, but if you have any mobility issues, it might be a challenge. We went to AJ's Monkey's and Sloths. We had to wait about 30-40 minutes to get into the animal area, but it was shaded and not too bad. There were several ships docked, so that's to be expected. We really enjoyed the animals. Everybody got enough time to hold the guinea pigs, sloths, mccaw, and interact with the monkeys. After that, we had about a 20 minute ride to the Christopehr Tours beach area. Had a so-so lunch, but the beach access was nice. Nothing too fancy, but perfect for our group. The snorkeling was probably the best I've ever had. The reef was beautiful and the snorkel equipment worked very well (I've had issues with masks in the past, but not this time). The organization to get everybody back to the ship could have been smoother, but I was never worried. Things just could have been communicated a little more. Overall, a great day and enjoyed the port.

3 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Harmony of the Seas Cruise from $454

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.