Carnival Vista Review

Review for the Eastern Caribbean Cruise on Carnival Vista
LindsayBl
2-5 Cruises • Age 40s

Sail Date: Mar 2024

This was our first cruise in about 10 years and we had both kids and older adults with us. We all had a great time at each port and I’d recommend the shore excursions we did through carnival. We had no problems getting on and off at each port- seemed organized and quick. We enjoyed all of the entertainment team organized activities we did on the boat, especially the trivia games. The family feud show was fun (although hard to get a seat for and the seats we had in the theater were partially blocked viewing. We also saw a music show and a comedy show we all enjoyed. The kids liked the activities and counselors at camp ocean, even my hard to please 11 year old. We would consider carnival again, although maybe on a different ship.

First off, the layout seemed really disjointed. This was amplified by having one person in our party in a scooter and limited to the elevators. We got stuck once on deck 11 because you couldn’t go out an exit door without one step up- why??? Also it was hard to find an elevator to take you to the serenity deck or the higher decks. The elevators are tiny and super difficult to find one during busy times (dinner, port times). Also, the pools were tiny. Tiny tiny. Like six people in them feels too crowded, and there’s thousands of people on the ship. By day three the tides pool looked soupy. Also, bring your goggles- the pools are salt water, which I didn’t know or expect.

Being that I haven’t been on a cruise in 10 years, I feel like the advent of the “pay extra” restaurants has lead to a decline in the food in the MDR. I found most of it just ok. Also, my daughter has a dairy allergy which we marked ahead of time, that I called and talked to people about ahead of time, and yet we get there and no one can deal with it, and there is no dessert option offered to this child except fresh fruit. After a lot of conversation, we discover the wait staff and the CHEF do not understand the difference between dairy free and vegan, and that vegan is by definition dairy free. ::cue eye roll:: Then we were told they have a vegan menu, which helped. The vegan menu had some highs and lows- big dependence on fake meats, but my dd loved the dessert options. Often they had things listed on the vegan menu they actually didn’t have, or the descriptions were completely different than what was actually in the dish. I felt like they were flying by the seat of their pants, but we were probably the only ones on the cruise utilizing that menu. However, anywhere else on the ship had no dairy free options- I mean how hard is it to put one of the main dining rooms sorbets in the ice cream maker in the buffet?

2 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Carnival Vista Cruise from $419

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.