Norwegian Getaway Review

Great Week Aboard the Getaway!

Review for Bermuda Cruise on Norwegian Getaway
Isley8424
2-5 Cruises • Age 40s

Value for Money
Family

Sail Date: Mar 2024

I booked this cruise as a last minute getaway as a solo traveler - I was quite nervous about the ship after reading the reviews, but decided to take the risk and I'm so glad I did! Y'all are a bunch of complainers! I've cruised with Royal, Holland and Celebrity and I'd put NCL right up there with all of them.

Ship - Many reviews mention the age of the ship showing, but I didn't find this to be the case at all. The common areas were in great condition, my inside stateroom was very clean, and multiple times a day I'd see the crew doing upkeep - painting different areas of the ship, common areas and bathrooms being cleaned, windows being washed, etc. In a presentation, the Captain mentioned the ship will be going to drydock in May for 2 weeks. He said an improvement guests will appreciate the most is that sliding glass doors will be added to the casino, so the smoke smell will hopefully be more contained to that area.

Dining - Overall I think the food was great. I ate most of my meals in Taste or Savor, as I dislike the crowds and noise in the buffet. I had one specialty dining credit included, which I used at Cagney's. The food was good but I wouldn't pay $90+ for what my meal would have cost out of pocket. I think the food in Taste and Savor are just as good - and complimentary!

7 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Norwegian Getaway Cruise from $328

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.