Adventure of the Seas Review

Review for the Western Caribbean Cruise on Adventure of the Seas
AngieMD
2-5 Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Mar 2024

My husband and I cruised with our High School senior and her friend this past week. This was spring break and the ship was full. We sailed on AOS last June and it was not as crowded and did not have as many children. My husband and I had a balcony cabin and the girls were across from us in an interior promenade room. Because they were 17, we had to book one parent in each room and then we simply got new key cards from GS. We like the size of the ship but after sailing last June with fewer people, the full ship and number of children was alot. Because we booked this just last December, we could not get the early dining time and instead we were at late dining. We ended up really liking this because it was less crowded and we had more time to do things during the day before we had to get ready. The girls found other groups of teens that they hung with most of the time and really enjoyed themselves. We felt that they were absolutely safe being on their own and we ate dinner together every night in the MDR. For the most part, we really enjoyed the food in the MDR and service was top notch. My husband and I also ate breakfast and lunch each day in the MDR but the girls ate in the Windjammer and they liked it there. The solarium adult pool was packed and you needed to get your chair very early. I had the deluxe beverage package which I loved having and my husband, had the refreshment package, and he loved all of the different mocktails that the bartenders made for him.

We stopped in the Dominican Republic and we did the day pass at Emotions beach resort, which we thought was just OK. The food was OK and there was a lot of seaweed in the water which is not their fault but we were not impressed with the DR as a whole. Our Labadee stop was canceled and instead we went to Nassau. As a sidenote, we did stop in Labadie in the middle of the night to pick up crew and that was very interesting. As much as we did not want to go to Nassau since we’ve been there several times, it ended up being very nice. There were five or six other ships in Port that day, but we really liked the new port that they have, and we hired a taxi to take us to cabbage beach. The waves were very rough there that day, but we enjoyed it and we ate at a restaurant at a nearby resort and the food and drinks were very good. Our final stop was CocoCay and my husband and I had the Hideaway beach passes which I highly recommend. We only paid $28 a person for it and we enjoyed the upgraded food and the heated pool was wonderful as it was a little bit cooler and overcast part of the day. We just really liked the whole atmosphere.

We did have issues with rolling and pitching on the ship a couple of nights even though the sea seemed pretty calm. There was an announcement about the motion and that there was seasickness medication available and we did see barf bags that were on the handrails. We did not see anybody who was Ill but the dining room had less people that night. We did not feel seasick at all. We heard different accounts as to the reason why we were pitching and rolling, and that it was mostly due to heading into the wind. Our balcony state room also made a lot of noise with the wind that was hitting the balcony and the sliding door.

2 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find an Adventure of the Seas Cruise from $456

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.