Independence of the Seas Review

Review for the Eastern Caribbean Cruise on Independence of the Seas
TravelforFlags
First Time Cruiser • Age 30s

Sail Date: Mar 2024

After exclusively sailing on Oasis Class ships for the previous 10 years I was concerned about going down to Freedom Class with a sailing on Independence. A quick look at the recent reviews here further confirmed that this would be the worst vacation of my life…

I’m very pleased to say that we thoroughly enjoyed our cruise and would absolutely sail on the Independence of the Seas again! Perhaps it was our low expectations, but we were really impressed with all details of the vacation.

The cruise size is certainly smaller than Oasis and of course we found ourselves missing Central Park and the aqua theater shows, but otherwise it had everything you could want or need in a cruise. The ship has really held up well over the years and while older she doesn’t show her age much. The entertainment was fun - Grease was enjoyable and the Invitation to Dance show was a fun time. The ice show was really good too. Laser tag was a fun surprise as well as the escape room! I figured both of these would be a bit gimmicky but they were quite high quality activities. Note that the bungee trampolines have been removed from the ship and the “sky pad” is just a bit of wasted space.

2 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find an Independence of the Seas Cruise from $251

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.