Sirena Review

Review for the Southern Caribbean Cruise on Sirena
Paulahale
First Time Cruiser • Age 60s

Sail Date: Mar 2024

This cruise left out of Miami and ended 10 hellish days later in Panama City. We started out with rough seas by the second day, not Oceanias fault, so we missed our first stop. We had already been notified that our Columbia stop had been canceled. The. Cruise line never offered any compensation for these two cancelations. Then around day four we noticed that their sanitation procedures were greatly increased. They started locking game room, library and laundry room down. We paid more money for our room so we would have access to free laundry. Still no offer of compensation. Then around day six we are informed there was an intestinal thing going around and all entertainment would hault. They were nice enough (said tongue in cheek) to give everyone free wine that night (we paid for the wine package). Only after we exited the ship did we find out there was also Covid onboard. They discouraged congregating, but never shut down the bars or cassino.

Now for the food. I have taken at least a dozen cruises and this was the worst food by far. I lost 3 lbs over the 10 day cruise. We went with another couple and 3 out of 4 of us contracted an intestinal parasite while on the cruise. All the food was terribly under seasoned. Even the deserts were awful. I pretty much lived off of oatmeal and bread for 10 days. The steaks that were ordered at the steak house were tough which I think was due to poor quality meat being purchased. Oceania slogan is best cuisine on the ocean. Don't believe it.

I have to say the staff were very nice and very accommodating for the most part. I know they were in a tough position and did their best.

6 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Sirena Cruise from $1,414

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.