Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Review

Queen Mary 2, Feb 2024

Review for Asia Cruise on Queen Mary 2 (QM2)
Mazza8
2-5 Cruises • Age 40s

Sail Date: Mar 2024

First time with the Queen Mary 2 doing SYD-SIN. We have been with Royal Carribean Allure of the Seas and Aida Blue. First time coming in we have visited the pursers office to ensure we don't get charged their hefty daily room service charge.. then next day the charges were applied to our room... anyways we got this fixed right away by visiting them.. no worries. We were charged again though halfway through and i had to visit the pursers office to request it to be removed. A young Indian lady served me and I was polite about it, but wasn't sure what she was talking about, so I asked what will happen now and if that will be removed.... well she says "yes i removed it because you asked me to"...I told her ok I wasn't sure because she hasn't verbally confirmed changes or said that its removed and I will not be charged anything for the remainder of the trip... More training required with some attitude check pls. Quite unpleasant.. and not willing to help. Out of the staff at the desk in the pursers office, Solomon was the most professional, courteous, polite and understanding staff... the rest were like auto pilot, defensive and do not take any accountability for anything.

Next thing.. the Britannia restaurant.. some staff were lovely and the rest was cold, and also on auto pilot. Half the time during breakfast serving, the orders are missing a thing or two or more and you have to chase them up... at some point being patient and nice and tolerant gets tiring especially for the amount that you have paid to enjoy yourself in the ship. Seating arrangements makes most dinner nights either awkward or splendid...at some point you just want some privacy... do request a private table if you want to spend quality time with your partner as the tables generally only have a 5cm gap to next table. Food service here can also be a hit and miss.. with some staff not filling up your water glasses for a while... and food does take a long time come if you book for an earlier seating (6pm-7.00pm). Food was good at some nights then mehh other nights.. Kings court buffet wasn't bad but not that tasty.. looks can be deceiving. The verandah specialty restaurant was the only good food here.

To be honest me and my husband were pretty bored after 3 days as there were not as much activities to do and hardly any live music outdoors.. there were indoors, but for those that want to enjoy the outdoors there wasnt much happening.

12 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Cruise from $299

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.