Caribbean Princess Review

2,780 reviews

Older Ship, but Princess has their act together!

Review for the Eastern Caribbean Cruise on Caribbean Princess
Mojo Racer 212
10+ Cruises • Age 50s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Mar 2024
Cabin: Balcony

We chose this cruise based on a great casino offer. We had sailed on her in 2008 and 2009 when she was fresh and nearly new. Today the ship is in fairly decent shape. Worn areas show in the elevators, and some of the common areas. The crew in general were outstanding! Nice positive vibe from the people who make this party barge go!

Princess really had their act together on embarkation, and disembarkation. Our flight landed at 10:15am and we were on the ship by 11:30. Our cabin and luggage was ready at 1pm! Getting back off was about 30 minutes from cabin to taxi stand!

Our cabin was better than expected (see below). Our steward Andre was top notch! Keeping our room neat and tidy while not being seen much. I told him he was like a cabin Ninja! Step away for a short spell and come back to a cabin that's neat and clean.

Balcony

Cabin was very clean and in great condition. There is plenty of storage in the huge closet! There was also 4 drawers between the 2 night stands, and 2 or 3 more drawers in the desk. Princess did add some automatic motion controlled lights since we last sailed on her 15 years ago. The one in the head/closet area was fine. Under the night stand they added low mounted floor courtesy lights. The problem is you stretch your arms or legs off the bed they go on. Annoying in my opinion. Quick fix, use the little day pillows a place Infront of these lights. The shower was a bit tight for me at 6'4" height!

Port Reviews

Princess Cays

So so, took a lot of time going back and forth on tenders.

San Juan

We arrived on a brutally hot humid day. We wandered around and did some shopping and lunch. Mofango was great.

St. Thomas

I love drunk shopping in St Thomas! It was a great way to spend my birthday!

5 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Caribbean Princess Cruise from $268

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.