Norwegian Spirit Review

Value for Money

Sail Date: Mar 2024
Cabin: Inside
Irish pub
Ravioli with lobster sauce appetizer
Last night standing ovation for all the staff
Excellent specialty dining. Our chef Jerome was skilled and hilarious.
Going through the sounds. Beautiful
Fun free trivia game
Sydney Opera House as we head out
Another amazing meal
Relaxing with an Irish coffee
Eden, Australia

I was nervous that the Norwegian Spirit wouldn’t be as nice an experience as Celebrity’s Equinox but it actually exceeded my expectations. Wonderful staff and service. Excellent food. Lots of fun entertainment and activities offered. Great basic drink package that included everything from martinis to Irish coffee, pina coladas and Coronas. The ship was smaller than the Equinox but nicely updated and very clean. Big bathroom comparatively. Great casino and staff.

With their “freestyle cruising” we didn’t have to make dinner reservations so we had the freedom to eat when we felt like it and never had more than a 5 minute wait. Had the option of the big ballroom type dining room (Windows) or the more intimate restaurant (Taste) and we were fortunate to get great window seats without specially requesting them on 3 nights. We also loved the garden cafe for casual breakfast, lunch and mid-afternoon desserts.

My only critique would be that some of the add-on charges for activities like bingo and casino events are too expensive and promise big prizes that nobody actually wins. But overall I’d give the cruise an A for the price and the staff an A+.

Inside

My first time in an inside cabin and I was nervous I’d get claustrophobic, go stir-crazy or feel like I was missing out but it was actually fine. It was a good size with plenty of storage and the tv shows you exactly what the bridge sees so you can check in on what’s outside before you leave the cabin. Being on the 11th floor (aft) made a big difference with the claustrophobic feeling and it was nice to be so close to the pool and Garden Cafe. The bathroom was bigger than on Equinox. Our room steward was always around to answer questions and help us if needed.

4 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Norwegian Spirit Cruise from $831

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.