Viking Venus Review

6-10 Cruises • Age 50s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Feb 2024
Cabin: Deluxe Veranda Stateroom

I chose this itinerary for our anniversary pretty much to see the Northern Lights. While I would have loved to have seen more colors, more times, we did witness the lights and it is difficult to put the feelings into words. It's just ethereal. Somehow each siting during our trip happened while on the ship. Even so, the evening (paid) excursions we went on - in hopes of seeing the lights away from the light pollution of the towns - were still lovely.

The included tours were interesting / informative and the ports were nice stops. The at sea days were super relaxing and quite wonderful (at least for my husband and I)!

My absolute favorite tour was visiting the reindeer in Tromso. We were able to feed them which was crazy fun! Much more so than I would have ever thought. They are such gentle and amazing animals!

Deluxe Veranda Stateroom

The cabin was plenty big. It is comfortable and clean. The rooms are cleaned and snacks replenished twice a day. Binoculars and a large umbrella there for your use. Plus the option for robes and slippers. Viking pretty well thinks of everything you may need. Even a decent number of hangars in the closet.

Love the heated floor in the bathroom. :)

It was a cold weather cruise so we didn't spend much time on the balcony, but I can see it being a great spot in warmer climates too.

1 Helpful Vote
previous reviewnext review

Find a Viking Venus Cruise from $3,599

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.