Viking Saturn Review

Enjoyable cruise. great ports, dining is better on their River cruises.

Review for the Eastern Mediterranean Cruise on Viking Saturn
Purple Moose
6-10 Cruises • Age 60s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Feb 2024
Cabin: Veranda Stateroom

My wife and I have had wonderful experiences with Viking River cruises. We've always wanted to see Greece so we decided to give their Ocean cruises a try. The education and history on the ports is a major plus. I also like that they aren't trying to sell me something all cruise long. The tour guides on the included excursions were excellent. We booked an extension called Secrets of the Doge's Palace in Venice. That was our favorite part of the trip and highly recommend it. The only part of the cruise that we found inconsistent was the food. Some days it was outstanding, however on a couple of others, it wasn't up to the standard we have come to expect from the River Cruises. My biggest disapointment was that I got seasick the night of the Greek Buffet which I was looking forward to. That is not Viking's fault however.

Veranda Stateroom

The cabin was excellent. I didn't feel cramped for space at all. Loved the balcony even though it was early March. The bathroom was excellent.

Port Reviews

Dubrovnik

Croatia had never been on my bucket list, but boy was I surprised. The scenery is beautiful, the people are friendly, and the history is fascinating. I definitely recommend visiting Split and Dubrovnik if you get the chance. I would also recommend going in off season like we did to avoid the crowds.

Kotor

The tour around the old walled city is wonderful. Had lunch in a little pub off one of the squares of local sausage and fries. It was delicious. The only problem is there were other restaurants that looked outstanding and I couldn't visit them all. As it was the offseason a lot of shops were closed, but that meant instead of shopping, we could just soak in the city's ambience and people.

3 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Viking Saturn Cruise from $2,599

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.