Costa Smeralda Review

A nightmare, but not a cruise

Review for the Mediterranean Cruise on Costa Smeralda
Remas
10+ Cruises • Age 50s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Mar 2024
Cabin: Suite with Ocean View Balcony

A complete mess. The food is tasteless, old, yesterday and cold. Breakfast includes yesterday's cold baked potatoes straight from the fridge. Omelet and scrambled eggs are cold and yesterday. Your kitchen food, tragedy and nightmare. There were not even fresh vegetables like fresh cucumbers or fresh tomatoes. There is no buffet. Food is rationed, the chefs do not understand what the customer wants. In the La Sagra buffet on deck 8, the waiters are simulating, not working. One of the waiters is hiding on his cell phone, reading and texting. The tables are loaded, the tourists themselves have to remove the dishes to find a place to sit down to eat. Utensil collectors, waiters, imitate, simulate that they are working, but in reality they only walk around to pick up trays, but do not collect the utensil. Here was our tragedy and nightmare, but not a relaxing, pleasant cruise. When ordering two Pino Colado cocktails, (Piano Bar II) Mr. the bartender was busy, he insisted that I bring my wife's cruise card as well, because otherwise I only own one cocktail. Although the My Drinks package for two was purchased and it was reflected on the ship's card. I was forced to go and bring my wife Costa cruise card. The man, the bartender, was very surprised when I warned him that I would shave for the ship's administration. I want to note that this is my 15th cruise, but I have never seen such a nightmare and tragedy on a ship. When asked by the reception, who speaks Russian? They said that no one speaks Russian and no one understands. When I mentioned where Lena from Ukraine was, only then did she say that she would be there from 11 o'clock. I will never travel with Costa Smeralda again.

Advice for the ship's crew:

Organize your service staff. Change the way you think about being a tourist. Organize your kitchen and food. Give tourists a choice of food instead of rationing and serving what you think is better. Old, stale and tasteless frozen food should not be given to tourists or thrown away. Give more control to staff serving tourists.

Suite with Ocean View Balcony

Nice cabin. Two balconies. Clean, tidy, cleaned on time.

3 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Costa Smeralda Cruise from $386

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.