Star Pride Review

elklemi
10+ Cruises • Age 70s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Mar 2024

My very first cruise ever was in 2007 on Carnival that included an excursion of partial transfer of Panama Canal. Always wanted to do total crossing and Windstar had a reduced single supplement so figured March 2 would be a good time as I had trips scheduled for December, January, and February so March was booked. I could find very little information on this cruise so even though this was last Panama Cruise this season I hope this may help others in the future.

I flew into Panama City two days early with good light from Knoxville-Miami-Panama City which arrived at 3:15 PM, took 20 minutes to go thru immigration and customs and found cab easily and $40 to Radisson Panama Canal Hotel which was located on walkway that was along the water and only a few miles from port. Windstar's hotel choice was in the city but I prefer to be out of city and I could see the cargo ships going in and out of the canal and hotel provided free shuttle to the port for 10 of us that stayed pre-cruise with them, unexpected perk. I chose cabin with large window and really would have been fine with just porthole which would have been one deck below where I was located.

Boarding was easy and was told ship had around 300 passengers. I had not been on Windstar's yachts so spent the afternoon getting my bearings and quickly found the Star Bar on deck 8 and Maria was bartender who served my first beer and was pleased to find they stocked Carib and Chill, (disappointed they did not have Panama's Atlas Premium Light which I developed a liking for in two days at the Radisson). She told me of beer and wine package for $55/day which I signed up for and used to my advantage. They also had the Star Grill located there which was open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner so there was no need to go to Amphora for dinner. Breakfast was at the grill, Legends/Candles one deck below. I also used room service and was pleased with their service.

Cabin was large and had large window that I did not use that often. TV had daily list of going on and menus, and information needed.

Port Reviews

Aruba

Stayed two nights at end of cruise and beautiful beaches, everything very expensive.

Bocas Del Toro

Too much construction on streets, more of a backpackers stop.

7 Helpful Votes
next review

Find a Star Pride Cruise from $2,399

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.