Norwegian Jade Review

2-5 Cruises • Age 50s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Feb 2024

My husband and I just got back from a 14 day Caribbean cruise on the Norwegian Jade. We had a great time. The check in process was quite quick, and we were on the ship by 12:30 enjoying lunch and cocktails. By 4:00 our cabin was ready. We had an inside cabin which was quite small, but we were hardly ever in it, just to sleep, shower, and get changed. The food and service were very good. I enjoyed the eggs benedict in the main dining room for breakfast. Though we didn't eat at the buffet much, it always looked liked there was a nice variety of food. We ate at two of the specialty restuarants which were included in the "free at sea", Cagney's Steakhouse, and the Bistro French restaurant. Both were excellent. My filet was one of the best steak dinners I've ever had. There were lots of acitivities on board should you choose to participate. It was nice being on a smaller ship. It never felt crowded.

The only complaint I would have is the quality of red wines offered by the glass included in the drink package . The last time we sailed on Norwegian in 2018, their own brand East and West, which was a very good wine, and premium spirits were included. Unfortunately now they are an up-charge.

Port Reviews

St. Thomas

We took the ferry from Red Hook, St. Thomas to the island of St. John. From the Cruz Bay ferry dock a 40 minute hike along the Lind Point Trail gets you to beautiful Honeymoon Beach. It was a gorgeous, quiet beach with some lounge chairs and umbrellas. The water was absolutely perfect. We even saw a sea turtle and it swam around us for a while. Incredible!

2 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Norwegian Jade Cruise from $328

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.