Wind Spirit Review

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Mar 2024
Cabin: Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom

I am leaving this review to help people who have maybe looked at Windstar, but are unsure or unable to find much information outside of their website. I had been looking for months for a special trip for us, and I did as much research as i could before choosing Windstar. My boyfriend and I chose this cruise for a special anniversary trip. And my goodness, it was the best trip we have ever taken! It was our first with Windstar and it truly was everything it promised. You really feel the essence of being on a true sailing ship, and the big ships cant ever give that experience to you. You just have to do it and see for yourself. First, I would like to give Kudos to the entire crew. Joanna, Bien, Abdul, Sherwin, Jearvis, Clare, Cat, Christian, just to name a few, all do outstanding jobs. They are so engaging with everyone whether its your first time or your 10th time. They put on phenomenal shows and never leave a moment for boredom. But if you are looking for more laid back, relaxing and not as exciting, you have that too. Your experience will be anything you want it to be, on any level that meets what you need at any given time. Also, we must give a shout out to the crew working behind the scenes to grant us safe passages to and from excursions and safe travels. The food is on another level entirely. From Candles, to Amphora, to the breakfast and lunch buffets, as well as room service, there was not one bland or boring meal ever. The BBQ on the beach, the special last night BBQ on the ship... it was no contest the best food and food service we have ever experienced. We were so spoiled with the food, how unique every meal was, and with the 5 star quality that we were hard pressed to find anything as good the rest of our stay in Panama. Gordon Ramsay is a candle in the sun compared to these Chefs. I work in the food industry myself, primarily as a mixologist, so I have to give a special shoutout to Bien. But really, the entire crew has such a genuine passion for their careers in hospitality and that is truly what makes the difference between just a cruise, or a Windstar cruise. Our cabin was spacious and we came back to some heartwarming momentums each day, such as a towel folded like an octopus wearing my boyfriends sunglasses, with little sea turtle keychains attached. Those cute surprises like that were like the cherry on top, so to speak. We also learned about amazing deals that Windstar offers if you decide to extend your cruise, or early booking for future cruises, as it should be. If everything here was not enough incentive to book with Windstar in the future, the loyalty is. We hope everyone at Windstar knows... Ryan and Kelley will most definitely be back.

Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom

Cabin was above what we expected. I loved feeling the swaying of the ship as we were heading to bed after long days of adventure. It was more space than I thought it was going to be, as sometimes pictures can be deceiving. It was perfect and felt more like coming back home than the hotels we stayed in pre and post cruise.

7 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Wind Spirit Cruise from $2,099

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.