Celebrity Beyond Review

Underwhelming Amenities and Nickeled and Dimed for Everything!!

Review for the Southern Caribbean Cruise on Celebrity Beyond
trambk
2-5 Cruises • Age 20s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Feb 2024

We were planning a family cruise when we came upon Celebrity. We have primarily sailed with MSC in the Yacht Club (which I can't say enough about), but some of the family didn't have a yacht club budget and unfortunately, since we were going to spend time with family, we didn't think booking the yacht club was the right choice, because some of our family wouldn't be in the yacht club. My husband is accustomed to Yacht Club amenities (Spa, great service, all-inclusive) and wanted to get as close to that experience as possible. We settled on the Celebrity Beyond because it was also going places that none of us had been to yet. We booked a room in the Aqua Class, which was our first mistake. With that, we had access to the spa which we looked forward to with so many days at sea. Unfortunately, the spa was underwhelming, small, and to be honest, it smelled funny. The steam room had 2-3 inches of standing (sloshing, because this boat was SO ROCKY) water and zero steam. We ultimately spent 10 minutes in the Thermal Area of the spa. The other obvious benefit was the Blu restaurant, which did have slightly more dedicated service, but I preferred the staff in the main dining restaurants every time. The food was truly comparable and I can't believe I paid over 4 times the amount of my in-laws to get a gross spa experience and to prefer the main dining restaurants. Our room was identical to their room, so I can't say that that is any addition either. So AquaClass is a total scam and I do not recommend it. Just book concierge class and know what to expect and save yourself SEVERAL thousand dollars

Secondly, when we booked, we just did the classic drink package. We aren't big drinkers so we weren't too concerned. One day into the cruise, we learned that the drink package doesn't cover very many mixed drinks, so we thought, screw it, we'll upgrade to the "All-Inclusive Package". Turns out All-inclusive doesn't mean what you think it means. I don't have a problem with having a drink package that covers up to $17 drinks, but don't call it all-inclusive, if it's NOT all inclusive. That was just so annoying and we were surprised that we had drink charges when we paid for the all-inclusive drink package.

Third, and maybe this is something that will get resolved, but at the moment, I'm upset. We booked 4 massages for both my husband and I at the beginning of the cruise. On the fourth day, we were very sunburnt on one of our excursions. We called and cancelled the second two massages for each of us, which were at the end of our 10 day cruise. They were taken off of our bill and we were burnt to a crisp, but glad to not have to worry about having to get massages in that condition. When I got home, I received an email with my final total, in which I was charged full price for the four extra massages (2 for me, 2 for my husband), which was over $800. I would have no problem paying for them if I actually received them, but we cancelled and with plenty of time in regards to their cancellation policy. I have been in contact with support and at this point, they've told me that they're authorized charges and I have not had any end in sight about getting a refund for this.

Port Reviews

St. Lucia

St Lucia was beautiful and we had such a fun time on our excursion to the Pitons

5 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Celebrity Beyond Cruise from $609

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.