Oasis of the Seas Review

2-5 Cruises • Age 30s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Mar 2024

This cruise was for our 3rd anniversery on the 11th. We cruised with Royal last year on Jewel of the Seas last year for our 2nd and had a great time. So this year we decided to take Royal again. And looking at Oasis it seemed like it had a lot of potential for a great time. I can honestly say the only great thing about it has been our room attendant and our immediate wait staff in the dining room.

Overall, this ship was designed to spread its 5 thousand some passengers around the ship. That really didn't seem to be the case in practical application. Several of the venues where they did alot of the activities were just too small. Reservations to do anything like the shows and ice skating had to be done early either before boarding or immediately after boarding. And part of being on a vacation and being able to relax I feel like is being able to not have every minute of your day planned out with reservations. I think one of the things we loved about our trip on Jewel of the seas was we were able to just decide to go to a show, or to just decide to go to one of the activities. It didn't all have to be pre planned before our trip. As a result, this contributed to a lack of being able to relax and let loose some. And as stated about activities of venues, some of the activities like the perfect couples game show, was held in Baleros. Which was a fun show, but we didn't get to see any of it. Between the loud music coming from the promenade, the fact that the venue had a very small amount of seats for the amount of people that came to watch it (I'd guess probably about 200 plus people came and this venue seems fitting for maybe 120 max). This was the case with several activities we tried to go to (and we did try to go early to several).

Our dining experience was extremely lacking. While quite frankly our immediate wait staff, waiter and assistant waiter were pretty good, it took almost am hour and 30 minutes on the regular to eat dinner. In that hour and 30 minutes, if I ordered a drink besides water it probably took about 30 or so minutes to get a drink. Then good luck getting a second drink. I only was able to get my second drink before desert one night. Our wait staff was constantly checking on us so I feel like this wasn't on them but rather things going on behind the scenes.

Our cabin actually was great, it felt spacious (for being not a suite) and it was clean. Our cabin steward did a phenomenal job taking care of us and we enjoyed the deck space.

6 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find an Oasis of the Seas Cruise from $259

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.