Crown Princess Review

Barbara Cornwall
10+ Cruises • Age 70s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Feb 2024

I chose this cruise because it was a good value for the money I paid for it. It was my 2nd time on Princess. I would cruise with this line again but it is not my favorite. The shore excursion to the Waimea Canyon in Kaua'i was awesome, as was the one to the Hawaii Volcanoes National Park in Hilo which included a stop at the Mauna Loa Macadamia Nut Factory. There were too many nights in which I had trouble selecting dinner from the dining room menu. (I do not eat fish or any type of seafood, of which plenty were offered.) Compared to other cruise lines I felt that the buffet meals for breakfast (and maybe lunch, too) could have offered more of a selection as well. The main shop onboard was ridiculously expensive. Also, there were very few shops at all. I don't get seasick and don't mind rough seas but, for those of you that do, the first 5 sea days from San Francisco to Hawaii we experienced extremely rough waters with major rocking of the ship. The crew were friendly. The Princess app was HORRIBLE, almost useless.

Small but with adequate room for my belongings. Hit my head a # of times on the foldup bunk bed above my own bed.

5 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Crown Princess Cruise from $128

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.