Explora I Review

Real Review By Real Person Who Is Getting Real About The Ship!

Review for the Western Caribbean Cruise on Explora I
BOWTIECLUB
6-10 Cruises • Age 50s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Feb 2024

I was a little scared to board Explora 1 after all the mixed reviews I had read, but the price was right and this was going to be my first so called "luxury cruise" so I was still very excited. If you have never been on a high end cruise the embarkation and disembaraktion is worth it alone, you basically just walk on and walk off the ship at your leisure, that goes for all the ports as well, simply marvelous! The cabin is sumptuous, a word I wish I could use more often, but unfortunately my life lacks enough sumptuous things. Everything you could want and the room steward was great as well.

Next comes food which is mostly fantastic, the Marble Grill let me down with just an average steak and lamb chops that were the size of my thumb! Other than that the food was great with the buffet, what they like to call the Marketplace, crazy good. My favorite meal each day was lunch in the marketplace with an ever changing menu of deliciousness. The only other letdown was breakfast which was ho hum compared to everything else. It was like the head chef spent months coming up with the various menus and no one told him he was responsible for breakfast as well! Oh and one last thing about food, the wait staff at dinner completely lacked polish, they were nice enough, but really could have been working in a Denny's or Applebees since they had no flair about them at all. This same wait staff worked in the buffet as well and this took the magic away from the incredible food and beautiful settings of each restaurant on board.

Also, the bars and bar staff were incredible. The lack of polish in the wait staff was the exact opposite of the bar staff, who were super friendly, well trained and super confident doing their jobs! The numbers of bars on the ship was staggering, they were more plentiful then starbucks which is crazy if you think about it!

5 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find an Explora I Cruise from $2,698

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.