World Traveller Review

6-10 Cruises • Age 60s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Feb 2024

While our cruise began with a longer stay in Ushuaia than anticipated, the crew and captain more than made up for the delay. There was a problem with the propulsion system so we had to wait for repairs and a Coast Guard inspection. But we were safe and dry and well fed and in a gorgeous place that most do not get the opportunity to explore. Once we left port the Captain did everything he could to get us to Antarctica to have the very best experiences. Drake Passage was the lake and our passage smooth. We got multiple Zodiak cruises; the kayakers got to kayak; we got to step on land and hike a bit; we completed the Plunge and we saw snow and many many animals! Abundant birds: penguins, petrals, arctic terns, albatross, cormorants… gentoo and chinstrap penguins, humpback whales, dolphins, and 2 types of seals. The scenery was breathtaking. The crew was beyond superb with their knowledge and helpfulness. The lectures were interesting. We even got to have guest speakers from the Brown Station telling us about their work in Antarctica. The company more than compensated us for the initial delay. There was a small group that became disgruntled by it and left our ship for others but in my opinion they were premature in their exodus. There is also a group aboard our ship who is demanding more than what we were offered by the company. Atlas still has to make a profit, buy fuel and food and pay their employees and I feel their offer was more than fair. You may read bad reviews but keep in mind that some people are only happy when they’re not happy or making others unhappy. I couldn’t be more pleased with my experience aboard this ship. I will definitely return. If I could give them 20 stars I would. I would highly recommend this cruise line to anyone looking to have a unique, personalized adventure.

Amazing! Lots of room and the Juliet window was a huge bonus!

10 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a World Traveller Cruise from $1,999

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.