Crown Princess Review

10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Feb 2024
Cabin: Balcony

Greetings from aboard the Crown Princess! We are on a 16-day cruise to Hawaii, RT San Francisco.

I boarded the ship with great trepidation. The Cruise Critic comments about the ship and the itinerary caused me to think that perhaps we'd made a grave error in booking this cruise. However, that angst was put to rest the first day. While more traditional (vs. glitzy) in appearance, the ship was quite attractive. Yes, it shows some aging, but frankly so do I. Nothing detracted from the overall aesthetics for me. Standard balcony cabin is just fine. The bathroom is "old style" for those of us who have been cruising for years, but fully functional with great water pressure in the shower. Beds are extremely comfortable. Cabin steward service excellent and always with a smile. The balconies have been spruced up with great furniture and matting on the floor. Love the balcony.

MDR was easy to access with a rotating menu (unlike another cruise line). Food was good but not "gourmet". No issues for me. Buffets strongest point was the amazingly cheerful and conscientious staff. Food was good and coffee (Lavazza!) was excellent. We've always had bad to mediocre coffee in the buffet so finding great coffee here was a pleasant surprise.

Balcony

26 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Crown Princess Cruise from $128

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.