Explora I Review

Wow - Everything I had hoped it would be!!

Review for the Western Caribbean Cruise on Explora I
MTMCE
10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Feb 2024

I was very hopeful that Explora would be amazing based on what I had heard and it met all my expectations. I have sailed a lot over the years on luxury cruise ships and have specific things that I look for. Explora meets all of those requirements. Starting with the ship- she is a beautiful ship and you immediately feel at home on her. I was able to dine at all the restaturants on board and found the food to be exceptional. The crew, which they call hosts, were very friendly and helpful. They would engage with you and have great conversations if you wanted but also leave you alone if that is more what you like. There wasn't anything that I requested that wasn't able to be done for me. My suite was in the Residences so I had a host for my suite and he made sure that we were well taken care of. One night we didn't feel like going out to dinner so he brought the menus for the different restaurants and we ordered from 2 restaurants and he brought it to our suite and set up a lovely table for us to dine in at. One of the things I loved about this ship was the variety of food options. There are 6 dining restaurant options plus in cabin dining and none of them are a main dining room. In regards to entertainment there was different options each evening. When I was onboard they had 2 shows each evening that were individual singers that covered songs by Billy Joel, Carol King and a Broadway tenor and pianist. There were also other locations on the ship that had lounges with music. During the day there were exercise classes, Trivia games and pickleball tournaments or you could just lounge by the pool or go to the spa. They also have guest speakers that talked about the ports and different things in the area we were sailing. There is something for everyone.

Spacious and very well designed.

9 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find an Explora I Cruise from $2,698

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.