Explora I Review

2-5 Cruises • Age 60s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Feb 2024

I can't imagine any more luxury AND any better price/value than Explora for best in class cruising. We've booked 2 more cruises with them because we're afraid once this gem is discovered, pricing will go up. From the luxurious accommodations on Explora I to the staff to the cuisine to the entertainment, the specialty coffees, I honestly can't suggest any improvements. We were giddy everyday; lots of onboard activities on sea days. We never left the ship because we didn't want to miss anything (and we're doing the same itinerary in a few months so we figured we'll explore the ports then). We are big fans of cruising with less than 1,000 passengers; big ships are not for us. We love the personalized service, staff calling us by name, genuinely interested in serving our needs and it was obvious they enjoy working with each other. Lots of comaraderie among the "hosts" (not "crew", a classy distinction because that's what they are), teamwork and taking care of the guests. We frequently encountered the female captain, Serena, and she is delightful as is the rest of the management team. Unbeknownst to us at the time, we bumped into Maarten, the ship's general manager while exploring different venues on the ship. He asked if he could take our empty champagne glasses and proceeded to show us around the restaurants. Only later did we discover who he was; that's impressive!

Discover Explora for yourself; you will NOT be disappointed.

P.S. Heated marble floors in the bathroom of the least expensive room (with a spacious veranda) - yep!

Full size king bed with frette linens, bathrobes and slippers. Spacious deck with a chaise lounge, table and chairs. Internet was 100% reliable. Plenty of storage (no need to bring a shoe holder to sling over the bathroom door). And a DYSON hair dryer to boot. Servicing of the room was impeccable. Welcome bottle of champagne. Monique the entertainment manager is delightful and explains all the onboard activities as well as serving as MC for the nightly shows.

11 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find an Explora I Cruise from $2,698

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.