Sky Princess Review

10+ Cruises • Age 50s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Jan 2024
Cabin: Interior

Overall, this was my third cruise with Princess. While it was my second time post-pandemic, I'm observing Princess' evolution in the wake of losses sustained during the worst of the Covid-19 pandemic. Princess has definitely implemented many small changes across the spectrum. It probably still is a "premium" line because all of the other cruise lines have faced the same realities and have made similar decisions to cut back in some areas.

At the time of my sailing, the Sky was the newest in the Princess fleet. At a few years old, everything remained glossy and new and worked as it should have.

• This ship is massive with a capacity for approximately 3,600 passengers. My cruise carried more than 100% occupancy because Princess is now courting families. It's the largest vessel I've been on and it's too large for my tastes. I don't like the congestion that occurred between major activities / events or on port days. The theater filled up very quickly so if you're on time, you're effectively too late. Even as a solo cruise, it wasn't always easy to find that one lone empty seat, unless it was for an unpopular show.

Interior

I was in on Emerald deck (#8), close to the middle of the ship. I liked its central location, the spacious bathroom shower stall with the glass-door, and plenty of storage. The only negative aspect about this cabin was that I could hear all the music broadcasted by the performers in the atrium. Because I liked to dance to this band, I didn't have a problem with this. But passengers who are early birds would likely not appreciate this cabin's location.

I didn't ask my cabin steward how many cabins for which she was responsible, but it must be a lot. It seems that the stewards are kept far too busy to do unnecessary but charming and frivolous duties such as making towel animals. I do miss them.

2 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Sky Princess Cruise from $474

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.