Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Review

Scones galore and happy were we

Review for Transatlantic Cruise on Queen Mary 2 (QM2)
Lirpag
6-10 Cruises • Age 60s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Dec 2023
Cabin: Balcony, sheltered

Scones with clotted cream EVERY SINGLE DAY!! And hands down the best ship's library ever (though I've only been on 5 ships in life so far). My husband and I did our first crossing from NYC to Southampton in October 2022, and we loved it enough to come back again. The first crossing in 2022 was even better in the entertainment realm--we joined the National Symphony (I think that was the name; their first performance included a virtuous soloist rendering of Rhapsody in Blue) when its conductor recruited and rehearsed (two short rehearsals) a "Passenger Choir," and we performed with the symphony. THAT was the experience of a lifetime!

This more recent cruise was less amazing in the entertainment sector, but it was still very good, including Alan Cumming and Roger McGuinn and some great a cappella holiday "carolers" during embarkation. There wasn't as much Christmasy entertainment as I'd hoped, but we did participate with some Hanukkah revelers--a couple of lovely rabbis from Chicago hosted this educational meeting every afternoon before dinner.

As before, we loved the ship's design and comforts very much--so many places to sit and look out at the ocean! My husband and I also loved the hot tubs on the back of the ship.

Balcony, sheltered

Sheltered balcony. I love the blond wood and all the clever shelves and cubbies! Very comfortable and elegant.

10 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Cruise from $299

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.