Celebrity Ascent Review

roxannex
6-10 Cruises • Age 40s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Feb 2024

After a cruise a few months ago on the Sky Princess, which I did not like at all, I wasn't sure what I was going to think about the Ascent. I had taken a many years long break from cruising, and I found the food and entertainment on Princess lacking. However, my experience on the Ascent was totally different, and while I was on board I even booked two more Celebrity cruises.

First of all, the ship is gorgeous. It is brand new, and it shows. But the design is very modern and elegant. I really like that the ship feels luxurious while also a little playful. Highlights are the Sunset Bar area in the aft of the ship and the martini bar. The flair bartending there was really fun to watch.

I know a lot of people don't like the infinite verandas, but I actually liked it a lot. I was in a standard balcony room. I thought it made the room bigger. I could leave the window (because it really is more like a giant window) open all night. The only times I didn't like it were when the captain turned off the ability for it to open, which he did about half of the last sea day because of wind and one morning in port for cleaning. But I didn't miss the traditional balcony at all. The bathroom is well laid out and doesn't feel tiny. And there is a lot of storage. I thought the stateroom was very comfortable and pretty.

7 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Celebrity Ascent Cruise from $577

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.