MSC World Europa Review

MSC World Europa Dec. 29, 2023 out of Barcelona.

Review for the Western Mediterranean Cruise on MSC World Europa
Stockjock
First Time Cruiser • Age 60s

Sail Date: Dec 2023

I also did a live review that's much more comprehensive than this one, so search for Live from MSC World Europa. NYE Cruise, December 29, 2023 out of Barcelona on the MSC boards.

Pre-Cruise: We stayed 3 nights pre-cruise in Barcelona at the NH Collection Grand Hotel Calderon in Barcelona. I have American Express Platinum, which got me some extra credit and perks, but it was nice, clean, modern and convenient place to stay. I especially liked the rooftop bar.

Embarkation: They couldn't find our keys, so they went back and forth for a while. Then, they found someone else's keys (different names on both cards) and gave us those. A further delay and they made us keys, but with no loyalty status on the cards. I took them to customer service, and they corrected the status on my card, but not on my girlfriend's. Finally, on the 4th or 5th try, they got it right. Not the end of the world, but a slightly annoying start to our cruise.

Port Reviews

Malta (Valletta)

Another port we've been to a lot. We did a wine tasting MSC tour, with a boat ride around Malta what was pretty good.

Marseille

We did an MSC combination tour of Avignon and Aix en Provence. Pick one or the other, not enough time to do both.

1 Helpful Vote
previous reviewnext review

Find an MSC World Europa Cruise from $299

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.