Viking Alruna Review

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Jan 2024
Traveled with children

Absolutely loved this cruise! I’m a younger cruiser (39) and I had a blast. A friend and I had been wanting to tour Europe and this seemed like a good fit. I think it hit all of our expectations and even surpassed on a few. The service was outstanding. All of the staff helped to make for an unforgettable vacation. The food was superb. I loved the regional specialities. The cabin is small but very clean and modern. We had the least expensive category and it worked fine for the both of us. Having both European and American outlets was a super nice tough. We only did the included tours and they were nice. The guides were very knowledgeable and entertaining. I had two very favorite parts of the trip. First was the scenic sailing during one of the days. The view was just breathtaking. The program director narrated the nearly 2 hour sail down the Rhine. So many pictures were taken. It was a bit chilly as we went in early February but it wasn’t bad. The staff even brought us up hot chocolate! My other favorite day was taking a drive up to the Black Forest. We got to hike a bit in the Black Forest (or you could choose to watch a cuckoo clock demonstration). The scenes in the forest were incredible. It was so tranquil with the small waterfalls and lush foliage. The hike is a bit steep but for us very doable. Overall, loved the trip so much. Cannot wait to go on another Viking cruise.

9 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Viking Alruna Cruise from $1,999

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.