Carnival Vista Review

Tried again, won't be fooled three times.

Review for the Bahamas Cruise on Carnival Vista
CherylFlorida
First Time Cruiser • Age 60s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Feb 2024

After a disastrous cruise on Liberty in July 2023, I swore off Carnival. However, I found a VERY cheap 3 day (changed to 2 at last minute) trip on Vista for my birthday celebration right out of my home port (Orlando) and decided to give them another try. On a positive note: the ship was fresh out of dry dock so the smells and broken disrepair of the Liberty were not present. However, I do believe this is the poorest planned cruise I have ever taken on any line (also NCL, RC, Disney, and HAL).

The embarkation was a total nightmare. We waited so long trying to park that we went through 110 miles of gasoline and were afraid we'd have to call a tow truck. Parking took 2 hours. Once parked, we waited in a gigantic line for over another hour. My friend has MS so she was having a great deal of difficulty standing that long.

Once on the ship, we could not even get to the elevator because the line from guest services wrapped around the entire entry. We're talking 100+ people complaining and trying to figure out various issues.

Port Reviews

Nassau

Love the new pier and not being haggled. Lots to see just on the pier. Would do the Margaritaville day pass again. Super nice resort pool and area on the beach for $100.

2 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Carnival Vista Cruise from $419

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.