Valiant Lady Review

10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Feb 2024
My employees getting me out of hot tub, since no lift. My employees were best staff on ship for me.
My employees carrying me off ship in my wheelchair in Aruba. Virgin refused to lay 10 steps flat for ramp. Making 44 people late for catamaran excursion, so we got
2 1/2 hrs instead of 4 hr excursion.
After taking shower chair out ourselves, we made shower doable. Staff was mad at us for doing it, they said we couldn’t do it because it was an ADA standard, after we had meeting with 3 top people, and we told them room was far from ADA, they didn’t say another word.

My 25 cruise, our 7th company cruise, we took 44 people. Me the majority owner, I have ALS, got the gorgeous suite, room itself was very nice but I could not even get in and out of room by myself, because door was so heavy and me in powerchair. Shower was 3’ x 3’, handicap bench was about 14” off floor, anyone that’s handicap knows we need to sit at 24”-26”. No handicap lift for pool or spa, had a portable one for pool, but 4 guys couldn’t figure out how to make it work. Going into public restrooms had to go through manual door, then electric door into handicap bathroom. Electric door was great, but was idea of first going through manual door, should have been electric door. Could not get off in Aruba because they wouldn’t put ramp out. My employees carried me off ship and back on ship in my wheelchair. DONT EVER BUY A HANDBAG ON A VIRGIN CRUISE! Bought one for my wife, a Louis Vuitton, while it was authentic, it was used and made in 2012, unfortunately NOT a hit to her. Found out all bags were used. ONE WOULD THINK THEY WOULD HAVE TO DISCLOSE THAT TO YOU. Food was great, ship was laid out great, about only thing I have good to say after spending $250,000. More than disappointed how cruise staff took care of situations.

Port Reviews

Aruba

Always been one of my favorite ports, been there 7 times, would of been nice to get on and off ship as I wanted.

Willemstad, Curacao

Beautiful island, friendly people.

Martinique

Nasty, would of rather skipped and spent night in St Kitts.

Basseterre, St. Kitts & Nevis

Beautiful island, great island tour, would of liked to spend more time there.

2 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Valiant Lady Cruise from $597

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.