Wonder of the Seas Review

Review for the Western Caribbean Cruise on Wonder of the Seas
golf43
First Time Cruiser • Age 60s

Sail Date: Feb 2024

Last time we were on Royal Caribbean was before Covid. I always used to love Royal Caribbean until this cruise. Started off with problems with my seapass card. It would not work. Ended up missing the ice show. Had to stand in Guest services line twice to get a new cards issued. Ship is overrun with kids. Kids running up and down the hallways. Parents doing nothing. kids playing kickball in the promenade. No security around at all. I even called guest services to complain. I had reserved all shows before and one show was cancelled. They moved it to another night that I already had a show booked. No broadway shows on this ship. Johnny Rockets is now $14.99 a person. Went one night to Chops Grill. It was not good. If you wanted Lobster it was a $21.99 upcharge. I settled with the filet mignon. It was tasteless. Stopped at Park Cafe for their Beef on Weck. I had always remembered how good these roast beef sandwiches were. They were horrible. The roll itself only had the seeds on it, no salt. The roast beef was pretty good. Some of it was tough. The Au jus was terrible. It was like gravy instead of the broth they used to use. The Windjammer had good food. Lots of variety. Their desserts were not the best. Something like chocolate marshmellow type. The main dining room was excellent. We had the best waiters. Food was also good. Except on lobster night. They give you one small tail . You can buy another one for $16.99. Had a good time in the casino. Started off loosing then won . They have 2 areas for the casino. One area is like an enclosed room for non smokers. Another area is huge and it is divided with smoking and non smoking. We had a balcony cabin. Oh my gosh I swear the cabins are getting smaller. The bed was next to the balcony door. The balcony door was very hard to open. We even had maintenance come and loosen it abit. 2 very small narrow night stands on each side of the bed with a lamp. The nightstand near the balcony had the phone on it so there was not any room to place an iphone or a drink. The bathroom is small as usual. The shower is small. Its like standing in a tube. The bed was really comfortable. The sofa was hard as a rock. The TV was in front on the bed. We were on deck 8. We could hear our neighbors talking in their cabins. We had a few photos taken. For a 8x10 photo the price was $24.99. Since we are diamond we got one free. We always like to have bottled water in our cabin. I was not going to buy Evian water bottles through the ship. Those prices are ridicilious. We each brought on 6 dasani water bottles. That was the best thing to do. Curfew is 1 am for ages 17 and under.

Too many unsupervised kids running the ship. Went to the Solarium one day only to have a child come out. Children are not allowed in the Solarium. The pool in the Solarium that day was empty so they could paint it. The Solarium is really humid too.

Port Reviews

Costa Maya

We did not do any excursions this cruise. However we did walk around Costa Maya. They have a nice big pool . Lots of stores to shop in. Only problem there is most store employees are trying to get you in to buy their items.

5 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Wonder of the Seas Cruise from $357

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.