Celebrity Silhouette Review

Back on the water after four years

Review for the Southern Caribbean Cruise on Celebrity Silhouette
Mike981
First Time Cruiser • Age 50s

Sail Date: Jan 2024

I would like to start by thanking all of the kind souls here at Cruise Critic. You kept my travel desire going over the past four years with no travel, and the amount of knowledge that you share is astounding and selfless.

About us: Mike 57 and my wife 59 have been cruising, doing all-inclusive’s or other travel since 2000. Both my wife and I have tried to be honest with our feelings about this trip and not be swayed by the fact that we have been homebound for four years. That said we tend to lean towards the glass is half full crowd.

The start: We do an overnight stay the day before we fly out since we have to pay for parking anyway and I can usually find a park and fly hotel for the same rate as airport or off sight parking. Plus it takes away some anxiety about any weather or vehicle issues. Our flight to Fort Lauderdale was delayed because of a few things. It was so cold that the sewer system froze solid and they had to fix it. Then they had to deice the plane again because of the delay. And when everything was finally good to go, they couldn’t get the main door closed because it…was froze. It felt like we were in a sitcom. The temperature was -10º and honestly, that isn’t that cold for Minnesota in January, but what can you do?

5 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Celebrity Silhouette Cruise from $212

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.