Enchanted Princess Review

Would I sail Princess again?

Review for the Southern Caribbean Cruise on Enchanted Princess
TwoGoneSailingToo
First Time Cruiser • Age 60s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Feb 2024

It has been several years since we sailed with Princess and the changes are significant. The food quality used to be outstanding and now very average. Cold potatoes on the breakfast buffet and dried out lasagna in the dining room. Menu options just don't seem to go together -- at least for us. I will say the Alfredo was as delicious as ever. What annoyed us most is the free style dining which just seems to mean long lines and frustrated passengers. We tried to use the app for reservations (as well as the app on TV and calling dining number which referred us back to app) and the app errored and lost reservations. I strongly suggest booking dining reservations as soon as possible -- especially if you prefer a private table and an earlier seating. The app also allowed someone, we don't know, to add us on their reservation for 30 -- that caused additional errors and I couldn't delete the reservations. WiFi is spotty and drops frequently. Now onto bar service, thankfully we didn't buy beverage package because the wait times for a server were at least 15 to 30 minutes and then another 15 to 30 minutes to get the beverage in the public areas. Bar service via the assistant waiter in the dining rooms was much faster on most evenings. Staff for the most part are helpful and friendly. Fellow travelers thought the ship was very short staffed. Our cabin steward was top-notch. Our cabin was very nice -- we had a balcony and a couch which was great for 10 nights. Entertainment was an 11 on a scale of 1 to 10. Production shows were very well done. The Enchanted Princess is a pretty ship, but public areas are much too small for the volume of passengers. Getting a seat in lounges is difficult. Music carries from venue to venue and the specialty restaurants are open to piazza. Smoke from casino drifts to non-smoking side as well as public areas. In my opinion, they need to enclose the smoking area. Gym is large and nicely equipped but very warm and stuffy -- even a few fans to move the air would be great. In fact, I was wishing that I'd brought a little fan to clip on the treadmill. Retreat pool is lovely if you want a peaceful place to sun. Cruising has changed. Would I sail Princess again? I don't think so. In my humble opinion, the ships are getting too big which means long lines, average meals and service issues. Three or more big ships in a port seems to overwhelm the port. These are my opinions but I talked with several other passengers around the ship and on tours who shared the same opinions. It's interesting, 1st time cruisers seemed much more positive about the experience so perhaps my opinion is shaded by past experiences.

Port Reviews

Antigua

Love this island. Sailed to Deep Bay beach and it was beautiful!

13 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find an Enchanted Princess Cruise from $498

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.