Norwegian Epic Review

6-10 Cruises • Age 30s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Feb 2024

I take no pleasure in saying that I've never dealt with a company that treats customer service as recklessly as NCL. There are several points for improvement. I'll focus on the most glaring issue.

On the final day of our cruise, a staff member at the photography studio yelled at us, and became extremely condescending, over their inaccurately labeled and stated prices. We were provided several different prices for two different items over the span of minutes by two different employees and signage. I pointed out that I was confused by different staff members (or signage) quoting different prices for the same items. I asked if they could honor the posted price, or even the second (apparently also inaccurate) price we were given. To this, he repeatedly stated, "I don't see what the issue is." He repeatedly spoke over me in a raised tone, even as I clearly explained that our issue is pricing discrepancies. He proceeded to throw a tantrum, maniacally pointing to different items I did not even inquire about while reciting the prices for each. I became increasingly confused about why he was escalating the situation instead of calmy addressing why I was given a multitude of different prices. My wife has an anxiety disorder and had a panic attack, crying over this abusive behavior.

I went to guest services to file a complaint about this employee. As I requested, he was called over along with his supervisor. The supervisor apologized for the employee's behavior, but pointed out that I also became agitated. Obviously, yes, when you are yelling at myself and my wife, agitation is the standard response. I would be more surprised if a customer was not agitated over being yelled at. The supervisor noted that his employee was not yelling, instead simply became "emotional," a bizarre euphemism if I've ever heard one. When asked why he became emotional over a pricing discrepancy, the supervisor simply explained that they were "busy." Being busy is no excuse to abuse a customer.

4 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Norwegian Epic Cruise from $309

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.